11. MOUNT ABU
Mount Abu is a beautiful hill station located in the Aravalli mountain range in Rajasthan, India. It is known for its scenic beauty, tranquil lakes, and ancient temples. I recently had the opportunity to visit this charming destination and I must say, it was an experience to remember. Let me take you through my journey!
Day 1: Arrival in Mount Abu
I arrived at Mount Abu in the morning after a long drive from Jaipur. As I reached my hotel, I was greeted with a warm welcome and a refreshing glass of lemonade. After checking in and freshening up, I headed out to explore the city.
I visited the famous Nakki Lake, which is the heart of the city. The lake is surrounded by hills and has a serene ambiance. I took a boat ride on the lake and enjoyed the picturesque views of the surrounding mountains. Later in the evening, I went to the Sunset Point to witness the breathtaking sunset over the Aravalli range.
Day 2: Exploring the temples
Mount Abu is famous for its ancient temples, and I dedicated my second day to visiting them. I started with the Dilwara Jain Temples, which are considered to be the most beautiful Jain temples in the world. The intricate marble carvings and delicate stone latticework of the temples left me spellbound.
Next, I visited the Adhar Devi Temple, which is located on a cliff and requires a steep climb of 365 steps to reach the top. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga and the views from the top are spectacular.
Day 3: Trekking in the hills
On my third day, I decided to go trekking in the hills surrounding Mount Abu. I hired a local guide and we set out early in the morning. The trek was challenging, but the stunning views of the lush green hills made it worth the effort. We also visited the Guru Shikhar peak, which is the highest point in Rajasthan.
Day 4: Shopping and Departure
On my last day, I went shopping for souvenirs at the local markets. I picked up some beautiful handicrafts, traditional Rajasthani textiles, and delicious local sweets. In the afternoon, I checked out of my hotel and bid farewell to Mount Abu.
Overall, my trip to Mount Abu was a memorable one. The beautiful scenery, ancient temples, and friendly locals made it a perfect destination for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. I highly recommend a visit to Mount Abu to anyone looking for a peaceful and scenic getaway.
Comments
Post a Comment