17. MUMBAI




 Welcome to my travel blog of Mumbai, the city of dreams and the financial capital of India. Mumbai is a vibrant and bustling city with a unique blend of cultures, languages, and traditions. I had the pleasure of exploring this wonderful city and here are my experiences.


Day 1:
I started my trip by visiting the iconic Gateway of India, a magnificent archway built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Mumbai. From there, I took a ferry to the famous Elephanta Caves, which are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The caves are situated on an island and feature rock-cut temples with intricate carvings and sculptures.

Day 2:
On day 2, I visited the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, a historic railway station that is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This Victorian-Gothic style building is a fine example of colonial architecture and is still in use as a major railway station. From there, I went to the Crawford Market, a bustling marketplace that sells everything from fresh produce to clothing.

Day 3:
Day 3 was all about exploring the city's art scene. I visited the famous Jehangir Art Gallery, which showcases a range of contemporary Indian art. Next, I went to the National Gallery of Modern Art, which houses a collection of modern and contemporary Indian art. In the evening, I attended a performance of traditional Indian dance at the NCPA (National Centre for the Performing Arts).

Day 4:
On the final day of my trip, I visited the iconic Marine Drive, a picturesque promenade that runs along the coast of the Arabian Sea. From there, I went to the Haji Ali Dargah, a mosque situated on a small island off the coast of Mumbai. The mosque is accessible only during low tide and is a popular pilgrimage site for Muslims.

Overall, Mumbai was an incredible city to visit with its rich history, vibrant culture, and bustling energy. I highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to India.

Comments