10. MATHURA VRINDAVAN










Welcome to my travel blog about Mathura and Vrindavan, two of the most significant pilgrimage destinations in India. Located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, Mathura and Vrindavan are revered by Hindus as the birthplace and childhood home of Lord Krishna, one of the most beloved deities in the Hindu pantheon.

Day 1: Mathura
I arrived in Mathura early in the morning and headed straight to the Shri Krishna Janmasthan Temple, the birthplace of Lord Krishna. The temple complex is huge, and it was a delight to see the various shrines and temples inside. The main attraction is the prison cell where Lord Krishna is said to have been born.

Next, I visited the Dwarkadheesh Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is one of the oldest temples in Mathura. The temple is situated in the bustling market area and is a great place to witness the local life of the people of Mathura.

In the evening, I visited the Vishram Ghats, which is one of the most sacred Ghats on the Yamuna river. It is believed that Lord Krishna rested here after killing the demon Kansa. The ghat is also famous for its evening aarti, which is a beautiful ceremony performed to worship the river Yamuna.

Day 2: Vrindavan
On the second day of my trip, I visited Vrindavan, which is located just 10 km from Mathura. The town is famous for its numerous temples and ashrams, which are dedicated to Lord Krishna.

My first stop was the Banke Bihari Temple, which is one of the most famous temples in Vrindavan. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is known for its unique architectural style and vibrant atmosphere.

Next, I visited the ISKCON temple, which is also known as the Krishna-Balaram Mandir. The temple is one of the largest and most beautiful temples in Vrindavan and is dedicated to Lord Krishna and his brother Balarama.

In the evening, I visited the Prem Mandir, which is a relatively new temple and is dedicated to Radha and Krishna. The temple is beautifully lit up at night and is a must-visit for all visitors to Vrindavan.

Overall, my trip to Mathura and Vrindavan was a wonderful experience. The towns are full of energy and devotion, and the temples are a testament to the rich cultural and spiritual heritage of India. If you are planning a trip to India, I would highly recommend adding Mathura and Vrindavan to your itinerary.

Comments